Friday 18 November 2011

CSA basket: Week 2

Today I received our second basket from Bryson Farms. Here's a list of what we received:

  1. Mixed baby salad greens
  2. Micro-greens (x2)
  3. Cauliflower
  4. Rapini
  5. Purple, yellow, and red carrots
  6. Golden beets
  7. Fingerling potatoes
  8. Honey boat delicata squash
  9. Kale
  10. Garlic
  11. Hakurei turnips
  12. Milan turnip
  13. Something that looks like white carrots (carrots, or parsnip, or turnip, or radish?)

I'm super happy that we got more salad greens, and I'm looking forward to the cauliflower. We haven't eaten last week's turnips yet, though, so I'm feeling a little buried in them. We're having some people over for dinner tomorrow, though, so I'll look for a recipe for them. Maybe in a mash? I'm planning on roasting a bunch of root veggies as well; should be good! We're serving roast beef as the main!

I'll have to take a taste of the white vegetable to see if I can tell what they are. If not, I'll send an e-mail to the farm and ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment